As a celebration of world music and culture, ¡Globalquerque! features a wide range of international performers as well as artists from New Mexico’s varied musical traditions. The festival also features free educational workshops, community outreach events, the best in world music (17 artists from 5 continents on 3 stages over the course of 2 days) and the Global Village of Craft, Culture & Cuisine featuring food and crafts from around the world for sale.
The Global Village of Craft, Culture & Cuisine includes artisan, craft and food vendors highlighting New Mexico’s (and beyond!) diverse local and ethnic communities. Vendors will have a fantastic opportunity to sell to an estimated audience of over 6,000 participants during the festivals’s daytime free and the evening ticketed events.. Non-food vendors are expected to be open and staffed from 4 PM to 8 PM on Friday and 10:30 AM to 8 PM on Saturday. Food booths are expected to stay open until 10 PM. All booths are welcome to remain open until festival close.
¡Globalquerque! and the NHCC will embark on a major marketing campaign for the festival. Visit our sponsor page to see the various groups already involved in the event.
Act now to reserve your spot, as spaces are limited. Food booths are $500, and all other booths are $200. Vendor booths are curated. Official applications are sent after a pre-approval screening. Vendor fees are non-refundable. If you are interested in participating or have logistic questions please contact Tom Frouge at 505-771-3166.
NHCC/¡Globalquerque! will provide:
- Marketing of ¡Globalquerque! Festival and the Global Village of Craft, Culture & Cuisine
- An entry in our on-line Virtual Global Village
- One tented 10′ x 10′ booth, two 6′ tables, two chairs. Note: The tents have walls on 3 sides. You are invited to provide your own front tarp or cover for overnight closure
- 24-hour security
- Docents to help with questions and/or for general assistance
- Set-up will take place from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm on Friday. Early setup may be available.
- The Global Village of Craft, Culture & Cuisine will open to the public at 4:00 PM Friday and 10:30 AM on Saturday.
- Non-food vendors will be present and staff their booths until 8 PM nightly. Food vendors will staff their booths until 10 PM. (All booths are welcome to remain open later.)
- Each vendor will be responsible for set-up and break down.
- Each vendor MUST provide a fire extinguisher for their booth.
- Each vendor will be allowed up to four people to staff their booth.
- Vendors may buy ads in the festival program for half price.
- Food vendors MUST have the appropriate state licenses.
- Food vendors will donate 10 meals for festival use.
- Vendors agree not to sell any recorded music or bottled water.
- Vendors MAY NOT invite other vendors to share booth with out express advance permission from ¡Globalquerque! Any unofficial or non-invited vendors will be asked to leave and escorted from the festival grounds. Vending privileges may be forfeited, with no fee refund, if this rule is violated.
- Vendors may not load out until Festival Stages end Saturday at approximately midnight. Vendors may also load out on Sunday morning until 12 PM.